Rami (10th Zilhaj), Qurbani and Tawaf Ziarat
Rami, Qurbani and Tawaf-e-Ziarat are performed in sequence or else one has to offer Dam (Qurbani).
- After returning from Muzdalifah, if you have enough strength and do not have aged persons or women with you, you can directly go to Mina-3 for Rami at Jamaraat. Avoid starting Rami before sunrise
- The best time to go for Rami is an hour before Asr. Normally, there is lesser or no crowd and you can easily perform you Rami and return back to your camp in Mina.
- If there is crowd, try to move slowly and carefully. Keep water with you and whenever you get chance, fill you water bottles from dispenser installed on walkway to Jamarat.
- DO NOT try to return from the same path you came. DO NOT move in opposite direction or try to run during Rami. Stay away from the train platform gates.
- For 10th Zilhaj, Rami is for Jamarah Aqabah/Kubra (Last one) only.
- Throw seven pebbles at the pillar for Jamarah Aqabah/Kubra so that the stones strike the pillar and then fall in the area beneath pillar. Do not hit very hard and do not yell/abuse. Also make sure the stones do not hit other pilgrims.
- After Rami, move forward on the pathway back to station (if came by train) or to your camp area.
Qurbani and Halaq
- If you have opted for Qurbani via proxy/agent, make sure he performs it after your Rami. Normally they are in contact via phone and inform you about qurbani as soon as it is performed.
- For government coupon system, time is provided for you qurbani. It may be on 10th or 11th Zilhaj. Wait atleast 3-4 hours after that time for Halaq/Qasr.
- If you are performing Qurbani yourself, it is quite straightforward, and you can perform Halaq once your return to Mina.
- Normally, non-professional Barbers are available in Mina for Halaq at SR 20-50. You can also get you Halaq from Barber shop on your way to Haram for Tawaf-e-Ziarat at the same rate.
- If you are coming from your camp, it’s better to board the train for Mina-3 (Jamarat) Station, and then walk towards the covered path to haram. If you performed Qurabni on second day, it’s even more convenient to move to haram after your second day Rami. It takes around an hour to reach Haram at normal speed. Do not move continuously and take rest and drink water whenever possible.
- Taxis are not allowed beyond start of tunnels and 1-2 Km from Jamarat station, also they take SR300-500 for the journey. So, it is better to walk to Haram and back for Tawaf-e-Ziarat.
- If you have performed your Rami and Qurbani on day-1, you can go for Tawaf-e-Ziarat at night, after Maghrib or Isha as there is lesser crowd.
- Do not rush for your Tawaf-e-Ziarat as due to crowd it may take longer than your routine Tawaf.
- If your Qurbani was on second day, Tawaf-e-Ziarat can be performed till on second or third day as well.
- After Tawaf, you can perform Sa’ayi to complete your Major rituals for Hajj. If ground and first floor are crowded, you can move to second or roof floor for the same.
After Tawaf (and Sa’ayi), return back to Mina (camp). Make sure you stay for night in Mina/camp.