Before leaving for the Masjid-e-Nabawi, it’s recommended to perform Gusl, wear your best suit and apply perfume.
- Try to keep as polite as possible throughout your stay in Madina. Do not yell, speak loudly in the mosque, especially when going for Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Riaz-ul-Jannah.
- For entry, if it’s prayer time, get into the mosque from nearest gate and sit at the place available as far (inside) as possible. If entering from gate 1-6, make sure to sit behind the Imam’s position (marked on pillars) otherwise your prayers will be invalid. The Imam’s position is marked by the biggest White dome on roof (near Green dome).
- After 20-25 minutes of Jamaat, the Gate towards Roza-e-Rasool (Bab-as-Salam) is opened for men. It is closed around 15-25 minutes before next prayer.
Ziarat Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam)
- The entrance for the Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) is from Bab-us-Salam. Immediately after prayers, the gate is very crowded, which subsides after 15-20 minutes.
- Start moving as you get space. There are four Safs inside, two on each side of the pillars. The path for Rizaz-ul-Jannah is on left and is closed for entry from this side.
- Depending upon the timings, you’ll get chance to get directly in the adjacent saf of the Muwajaha Sharif, or from two safs gap. In either case, keep on moving forward reciting Durood Sharif and Salam. Avoid raising hands like in Dua. First you’ll face Muwajaha Sharif marked in Green as Rasool Allah (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam). Keep sliding to the right, facing name plate reading Hazrat Abu Bakar (RadiAllah ta’alah Anhu) and then Hazrat Umar (RadiAllah ta’alah Anhu). Keep offering your Salam and then move towards the exit gate, Bab-ul-Baqee.
- In case of heavy crowd, do not try to push others and if you get pushed by other, do not argue or pay attention.
- After leaving from Bab-ul-Baqee, you can offer your prayers but do not stop on the gate. If you wish to offer Salam again, you can come back to Bab-us-Salam and repeat the process.
The area between Minbar-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) is called Riaz-ul-Jannah. The colour of carpets in this area is green for identification.
- Riaz-ul-Jannah is opened for females after Fajr, Zuhr and Isha. For males, it is opened all day except for the prayers time closure. The Suitable time for males is also after Zuhr and Isha when there is a proper controlled movement of pilgrims inside the area by the security personnel.
- The Gates beside Bab-us-Salam are opened 30-45 minutes after Zuhr and Isha. Do not run inside the mosque. Keep calm and enter the gates till there is first blockade. Wait for around 10-15 minutes for people already inside Riaz-ul-Jannah to perform their Prayers. There are 3-4 blockades from entry point to the Riaz-ul-Jannah. Each takes 10-15 minutes. Do not stand on the edges and do not yell here. Keep reciting quran or durood sharif, till the next barrier is opened. In maximum 30 minutes you will be inside Green carpet area.
- If possible get to the Pillars (especially Istiwana Ayesha R.A) but do not push others for this. The names of pillars are written in green on top of pillars. Complete your prayers wherever you get space. After prayers, if there are people waiting for their turn, give them space and leave from front to offer Salam at Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) and leave from Bab-ul-Baqee.
For females, country-wise groups are moved to riaz-ul-Jannah and for ziarat Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam). Do not rush-in and avoid running and crying inside mosque. Whenever possible take aged pilgrims with you.
Suffah Platform & Bab-e-Jibreel
- When coming out of Gate Bab-ul-Baqee, on the left side is a room where cleaning staff keeps its stuff. On the left of that room is Bab-e-Jibreel, which is the entrance towards Quba-Suffah and back side of Roza-e-Rasool (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam), which also leads to Riaz-ul-Jannah from back. The same is also accessible from back side of the Original mosque area from the extension.