First (arrival) Umra
The first thing to do after arrival to Makkah is to perform Umra. For most of the people, this will be their first Umra.
- Men should expose their right shoulder (Idhtibah) during Tawaf and walk briskly while jutting chest and shoulder during first three rounds (Ramal).
- The green light in front of Hijr-e-Awad mark the starting point for tawaf. Make niyat for Tawaf-e-Umra one step before Green light, move ahead and perform Istelaam, and start your Tawaf. You will not have the luxury to stop for niyat and istelam, so keep doing these during motion.
- Don’t Move your face/body towards Kaaba while performing Tawaf. Recite All/any dua you like in any language. Don’t pay attention to crowd, keep performing your tawaf. Do Istelaam when arrive at Hijr-e-Aswad in each rotation. If you get struck in crowd, keep on reciting your Dua/Ayats, you’ll automatically move ahead.
- Don’t try to enter into Hateem during Tawaf, you’ll get the change after your Umra.
- After completing last round, perform Istelaam and keep on moving in the circle. DON’T TRY TO MOVE OUT OF MATAF CUTTING THE CROWD IN PERPENDICULAR DIRECTION FROM KAABA. There is lesser crowd after Maqam-e-Ibrahim, keep on moving right in circle with raised right hand to get out of Mataf, You can always come back from outside Mataf to drink ZAMZAM.
- Don’t try to enter Mataf area (unless there is empty space) to perform your Two Rakats for Umra. It is better to keep Muqam-e-Ibrahim in between you and Kaaba while performing Salah, but in prayer space and do not get into way of Tawaf for others.
- Cover your right shoulder after Tawaf.
- Drink ZamZam as per Sunnah and recite masnoon Dua. Have some rest if you like and then move to Mas’aa for Sa’ayi.
- The Safa direction is in front/line of of Hijr-e-Aswad. First move to Safa, Make Niyaa for Sa’ayi at Safa, and start your Sa’ayi moving towards Marwa.
- Each Safa to Marwa (or Marwa to Safa) movement is one cycle. Recite Masnoon Dua or your own supplications at end of each cycle.
- Males should move faster between green lights (on Roof) near Safa.
- Your seven cycles should end at Marwa. This also marks the End of your Umra rituals.
- Move outside the mosque from either Marwa gate or from the left side of Mas’aa (looking from Marwa to Safa). This is also the direction towards Toilets.
- From outside, if you move towards Safa direction (opposite to Toilet), you get to the point where you entered from the Bus stop. Where Bab-e-Abdul Aziz will be on your Right and Bus stop towards Left.
- Behind the Washrooms 3-4 on left, below the Al-Abraj Shopping Mall, there is a Market where Representatives from Barbar shops ask you for Halaq/Trimming. You can get you Halaq performed from these shops in SR 5 in normal days, upto SR 10 during rush hours and in any rate above SR 20 during Hajj period.
Now, you have completed your Umra and can either go back to Hotel to perform Ghusl and change clothes, or stay in Masjid and change cloths in bathing area (Toilet 1,2 and 3,4).